Brisbane's newest lifestyle hub, Gasworks Plaza, will be featuring live music events every weekend until early October.
The Gaswork's precinct, in the city adjacent suburb of Newstead, is Brisbane's latest and trendiest shopping, dining and entertainment destination. Designed around the iconic Gasometer frame, the precinct incorporates a 3000 sqm outdoor plaza which is soon to feature a breathtaking choreographed light show.
In the meantime, to light up the precinct, Gasworks Plaza is going to feature live music events every weekend in their outdoor plaza to breathe life back into this Brisbane icon. For the hipster at heart, Gasworks Sunday Sessions will also be held, and will feature opportunities to max out the credit cards while listening to some live beats. So why not take your partner, family, or just yourself, to enjoy a night of live music, beautiful Brisbane Springtime air, and a bite at one of their delicious restaurants, such as Hatch & Co or Reef Seafood.
For the full live music lineup and schedule, please see below.
Where. 76 Skyring Terrace, Newstead
When. Friday nights from 5:30pm. Sunday Sessions start at 3:30pm.
Parking. Undercover parking available onsite
- Emerson Snowe - Having supported the likes of the Temper Trap, Jeremy Neale, Elizabeth Rose and Yes You, Emerson Snowe has caught the attention of many with his beautiful arrangements.
- Ali Barter - With her music covering a range of styles including electronic, folk and indie, Soprano Ali Barter has been compared to artists including Cline, Cat Power, Aimee Mann, Laura Marling and Feist.
- ZapeD - ZapeD's sound has been described as RnB meets ambient synth pop with a whole lot of feel. He will be joined by Ryan Case on guitar.
Sunday 22 September
- Bryce Schnieder - Born out of late night sessions and a love of Motown soul, RnB and blues, Bryce Schnieder's solo performance is a venture into stortelling and fun.
- Meredith - Meredith is a folk/indie songstress who captures the hearts of her listeners through delicately crafted songs themed around love, nature and life.
- Jessiah Cocks - Armed with a guitar and the warm, earthy tones of his vocals, Jessiah Cocks produces dreamy acoustic tunes with a gentle catch that will circulate in your mind for days to come.
Friday 27 September
- Nat Dunn - After signing a publishing deal with Mushroom Music at just 16 years old, Nat has spent the past decade playing all over the world. Over the past few years Nat has developed into a song-writer of substance, producing a sound she affectionately calls "Rock n Soul".
- Flinter - Flinter lead singer/songwriter, Mike McGahan brings his acoustic goodness to the stage with band members Matt D'Mellow and James Angus. Flinter is currently ranked number one in the Triple J unearthed roots section and 13 in the overall unearthed charts.
Sunday 29 September
- Little Odessa - This four piece from Brisbane burst onto the scene with their catchy 60s rock n roll hit, My Girl, in early 2013 and is currently in high rotation at Triple J unearthed and Triple J radio stations.
- Major Leagues - Brisbane garage-pop four piece Major Leagues have taken Australia by storm since winning the Triple J Unearthed's Bigsound 2013 competition last month, with their latest single 'Endless Drain' earning them rave reviews.
Friday 4 October
- Bryce Schnieder
- The Belligerents - This five piece band from Brisbane has gone from strength to strength since winning a spot at Parklife more than two years ago.
Sunday 6 October
- Sahara Beck - At just 17, Sahara Beck's songs and live performances have the maturity and directness of a well-seasoned artist with her lyrics spinning tales of an old soul.