Saturday 29 December 2012

Home Cooked Love


As the festive season draws to a close, we would like you all to reflect on the simple things in life. Please take the time to savour a home cooked meal, a kind word from a loved one or the sound of a bird chirping early in the morning. It is the simple things in life that are most taken for granted and as the year comes to an end, we hope that you think about appreciating all the little things that make your world.

One of the little things I appreciate most, and miss dearly, is my Father's cooking. I remember when we were young and my Dad would spend hours cooking extravagant meals, even on weekdays! As Dad gets older and my brother and I develop our own lives, my father cooks less and in turn, we eat together less. So for my Gran's 90th birthday, Dad cooked one of his traditional 3-course meals. It was so good that we ate it all before I could get pics but here are the ones I could get. Comment below for the recipe!






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Ennvy