Estee Lauder has recently released their famed Even Skintone Illuminator in a new 100mL bottle, so to celebrate, we have decided to share one of our favourite beauty products with our readers. The first eye-catching feature of the Estee Lauder Even Skintone Illuminator is the bright nearly Tiffany blue bottle. With its gold pump and glossy curves, the Even Skintone Illuminator is a magnet for all beauty lovers. But does the actual product hold up to its promises.
After close to 6 months of continual use with this product, we have found it to be good overall but not perfect. Firstly the positives.
- Initial redness caused by the cleansing process is eliminated nearly instantly after application
- If the product is applied before bed, in the morning, your skin will be clear from most small blemishes which is the BEST part of this product
- You can use this as a primer before foundation application and, though it doesn't increase wear time of your foundation, the illuminating particles help to make the makeup look smoother
- Over time your skin feels softer and smoother
Secondly, the negatives.
- Blemish scars are not completely corrected
- If you have acne-prone skin, the new blemishes that arise will still leave marks and you won't be able to see results
- It is expensive to buy so it's better value to buy a 100mL bottle if you regularly use it
Overall, we still use the product despite its lack of perfection because we haven't found anything that even comes close to it. In future posts we will compare this product to its counterparts produced by Clinique and Lancome which were not even close to our standards. So stay tuned!